Rheolef moved to Git

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Mon Jan 29 12:13:59 UTC 2018

Hi Pierre,

as I recently wrote on Debian Science list[1] I'm currently moving
packages from SVN to Git.  With this move I try to modernize the build
system to dh since this makes the package profit from new developments
in packaging easily and also simplifies team maintenance.

In the case of rheolef this switched on build time tests (which were not
done before) and it uncovered some failed tests.  Since I considered it
important to keep the tests in general I deactivated only those tests
that are failing in a patch.

I would expect more failures for other architectures and thus it might
be worth observing the build logs[3].  Please checkout these errors and
discuss the issue with upstream.  I do not have any resources to stick
to this issue in rheolef in the future.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2018/01/msg00196.html