orocos-bfl_0.8.0-1_combined.changes REJECTED

Johannes Schauer josch at debian.org
Tue Mar 27 08:30:37 UTC 2018

Hi Thorsten,

Quoting Thorsten Alteholz (2018-03-04 16:00:10)
> one of our trainees had a look at your package and found:
>
> * software last changed 9 years ago

that is alright for several reasons:

 - the software is the de-facto standard in the ROS community for Kalman
   Filters and other filters

 - the software needs to be packaged because it has seven reverse dependencies
   in the ROS world which can only get packaged once this is packaged

 - the software is being developed on again. It was officially [1] moved to
   github [2] by upstream where it already has seen several commits during the
   past year, albeit no new release yet. But the debian/watch file is already
   set up to track the new development at github.

 - this is the kind of software that just works [tm]. We tested in on
   oldoldstable, oldstable, stable, testing and unstable and it works on all of
   them.

[1] http://www.orocos.org/orocos/bfl-moved-github
[2] https://github.com/toeklk/orocos-bayesian-filtering

> * pkg-config file in wrong directory

The pkg-config file is stored in:

/usr/lib/pkgconfig/orocos-bfl.pc

We assume you mean that it should go to /usr/lib/<triplet>/pkgconfig instead?
The liborocos-bfl-dev is Multi-Arch:same but the pkg-config file is very simple
and it will not differ between different architectures. Thus, it should be save
if multiple co-installed liborocos-bfl-dev packages of different architectures
share the same file, no?

> * licence infos correct
> * some copyright holder missing from copyright file. example:
>   orocos-bfl-0.8.0/src/pdf/linearanalyticconditionalgaussian.h:
>     // Copyright (C) 2003 Klaas Gadeyne <first dot last at gmail dot com>
>     //                    Wim Meeussen  <wim dot meeussen at mech dot kuleuven dot be>
>     //                    Tinne De Laet  <tinne dot delaet at mech dot kuleuven dot be>
>   vs.
>   Files: *
>   Copyright: 2006-2009 Tinne De Laet <first dot last at mech dot kuleuven dot be>
>              2001-2007 Klaas Gadeyne <first dot last at gmail dot com>
>   License: LGPL-2.1+

Thanks, we found some more instances of these and hope that we now fixed all of
them.

Please consider the new version of src:orocos-bfl that I just uploaded.

Thanks!

cheers, josch