New version of vmtk needs some vtk related fixes

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Sep 7 08:00:19 BST 2018

Hi,

I stumbled upon vmtk and tried to upgrade it to the latest version in Git[1].
Unfortunately it does not build out of the box (something like

In file included from /build/vmtk-1.4.0+dfsg/vtkVmtk/IO/vtkvmtkFDNEUTReader.cxx:22:
/build/vmtk-1.4.0+dfsg/vtkVmtk/IO/vtkvmtkFDNEUTReader.h:39:47: error: expected ';' at end of member declaration
   void PrintSelf(ostream& os, vtkIndent indent) VTK_OVERRIDE;
                                               ^
                                                ;
/build/vmtk-1.4.0+dfsg/vtkVmtk/IO/vtkvmtkFDNEUTReader.h:39:49: error: 'VTK_OVERRIDE' does not name a type; did you mean 'VTK_VERSION'?
   void PrintSelf(ostream& os, vtkIndent indent) VTK_OVERRIDE;
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                 VTK_VERSION
/build/vmtk-1.4.0+dfsg/vtkVmtk/IO/vtkvmtkFDNEUTReader.h:70:92: error: expected ';' at end of member declaration
   virtual int RequestData(vtkInformation *, vtkInformationVector **, vtkInformationVector *) VTK_OVERRIDE;
                                                                                            ^
                                                                                             ;
/build/vmtk-1.4.0+dfsg/vtkVmtk/IO/vtkvmtkFDNEUTReader.h:70:94: error: 'VTK_OVERRIDE' does not name a type; did you mean 'VTK_VERSION'?
   virtual int RequestData(vtkInformation *, vtkInformationVector **, vtkInformationVector *) VTK_OVERRIDE;
                                                                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                                              VTK_VERSION
Scanning dependencies of target vtkvmtkCommonPythonD

and similar).

It might need a vtk7 migration anyway but I noticed there is no
python-vtk7 package.  Since I have no idea about vtk anyway I gave up
here but wanted to tell possibly interested contributors that I've
updated some metadata in Git.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/vmtk