Comments regarding dolfin_2019.1.0-1_amd64.changes

Thorsten Alteholz ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org
Thu May 16 21:49:05 BST 2019

Hi Drew,

I marked the package for accept, but our hardworking trainees found some issues:

  python\cmake\FindMPI4PY.cmake references a web address that 404s,
  presumably from which the file is sourced.  We need to find that repo
  to confirm the file is available under a DFSG-compatible license.  Do
  you know where it is?

  Is scripts\dolfin-convert\test_exodus.exo in its preferred format for
  modification?  I can't tell what kind of file it is.  Google suggests
  a video clip (YouTube in particular) but that seems unlikely.

  * * *

  Minor issues (would ACCEPT and file a bug):

  `Files: *` stanza: list of names is out-of-date (see AUTHORS).

  dolfin\fem\MultiMeshDirichletBC.cpp, dolfin\fem\MultiMeshDirichletBC.h
  talk about LGPL version 4 which does not exist; surely a typo.

  Dates for dolfin\io\pugiconfig.hpp need updating.

  `Files: dolfin/io/pugiconfig.hpp` stanza needs updating to include
  files matching pugixml.*

Thorsten