Fwd: maintenance of linsmith with debian/buster

jean-luc babigeon babigeon at lal.in2p3.fr
Mon Feb 10 13:39:55 GMT 2020

----- Mail transféré -----
De: "jean-luc babigeon" <babigeon at lal.in2p3.fr>
À: "Margarita Manterolo" <margo at debian.org>
Envoyé: Lundi 10 Février 2020 14:03:49
Objet: maintenance of linsmith with debian/buster

Dear Margarita,dear all,

Having updated debian last days, I discovered that some gnome libraries (lignomeui-2.0) are no more available. I understand debian strategy to abandon some gnome applications, but compilation of linsmith fails just because an obscure -ridiculous?- little piece of soft.

I followed many for(a) on that topic (sorry to add troll) -multiarch, installing gnome environment, etc...  and tried to find a technical solution, but no success.

What are your advice about it ? Is there anything we can do ? Can we get an old package from jessie/stretch and dpkg -i it ?

Or what else?

Thanks to your feedback
Best regards
JLuc

Jean-Luc BABIGEON
IJCLab
UMR 9012 CNRS/In2p3
Université Paris-Saclay, Site Orsay Bâtiment 100 et 200
91898 Orsay Cedex
tel 0164468247 ou 8427 -babigeon at lal.in2p3.fr