Propose removing spyder-reports from the archive

Julian Gilbey jdg at debian.org
Thu Dec 9 20:37:41 GMT 2021

Dear all,

I propose to ask the ftpmasters to remove spyder-reports from
unstable.  Here's my draft text:

-----
Subject: RM: spyder-reports -- ROM; unmaintained upstream and fails
  with current versions of spyder
Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

I am the (de facto) maintainer of spyder.  Currently spyder 4.2.1
is in unstable, and will be upgraded to 5.2.x as soon as a couple of
packages have been accepted from the NEW queue.  This package
(spyder-reports) is only compatible with spyder << 4.0, and has
apparently been abandoned upstream.

So please can it be removed from unstable?
-----

If you're OK with this, please let me know and I'll submit the bug
report.  If I don't hear back within a week or so, I'll go ahead and
submit the request anyway.

Best wishes,

   Julian