Why does opencascade not migrate?

Sebastian Ramacher sramacher at debian.org
Sat Jan 9 17:48:48 GMT 2021

Hi Carsten

On 2021-01-09 16:09:56, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've asked on #debian-release already why the most recent version of
> opencascade in unstable isn't migrating to testing.
>
> Sebastian mentioned to have a look at
> https://release.debian.org/britney/update_output.txt
> But don't really understand the data that is visible here.

If you look at the block where opencascade is tried together with gmsh
and kicad, you'll see that it ends with:

 finish: [gmsh,kicad,opencascade]
 endloop: 25+0: a-1:a-23:a-0:a-0:i-0:m-0:m-0:p-0:s-1
     now: 29+0: a-2:a-24:a-0:a-0:i-0:m-0:m-0:p-1:s-2
     * amd64: libdeal.ii-dev
     * arm64: libdeal.ii-dev
     * ppc64el: libdeal.ii-dev
     * s390x: libdeal.ii-dev

FAILED

That means that migrating those packages renders libdeal.ii-dev
uninstallable in testing. Consequently, the changes are not committed.

The binNMU fixing libdeal.ii-dev's installability issues is currently
blocked by openmpi and other packages waiting for openmpi to migrate:

deal.ii/amd64 (9.2.0-3 to 9.2.0-3)
    Migration status for deal.ii/amd64 (9.2.0-3 to 9.2.0-3): BLOCKED:
    Cannot migrate due to another item, which is blocked (please check which dependencies are stuck)
    Issues preventing migration:
    Depends: deal.ii/amd64 petsc (not considered)
    Invalidated by dependency
    Depends: deal.ii/amd64 opencascade
    Depends: deal.ii/amd64 openmpi
    Depends: deal.ii/amd64 slepc

(from https://release.debian.org/britney/update_excuses.html)

Once the openmpi situation is resolved, opencascade should be able to
migrate.

Cheers

--
Sebastian Ramacher