Python 3.9 & Numba

Graham Inggs ginggs at debian.org
Tue Jan 19 19:52:31 GMT 2021

Hi Diane

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 08:04, Diane Trout <diane at ghic.org> wrote:
> Does Mo Zhou want to review the commits to numba? Or should I push them
> to the main numba packaging repository? (I'm in the python, science,
> and med teams)

Numba is orphaned, see #935626, so I think go ahead and adopt the
package and push to the main repo.

> I was guessing the most likely path would be to make an experimental
> release of numba 0.52.0 with the compatibility patch and then see how
> pandas, astro team packages do with it.

Numba is not in testing, so I don't see why you shouldn't upload
directly to unstable.

Packages that optionally depend on numba can upload versions
re-enabling numba support to experimental and see how they fare.

Regards
Graham