python-sparse

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Thu Jan 21 05:35:22 GMT 2021

Hi,

While I was trying to fix a test failure in dask I learned that the
Debian version of python-sparse is looking at the wrong upstream.
https://github.com/dask/dask/issues/7078

They moved the primary development repository to
https://github.com/pydata/sparse/

Along the way I noticed xarray patched around the problem of a missing
SparseArray
But SparseArray is actually present in upstream's 0.11.2

Also if sparse gets updated the patch in xarray to switch from
SparseArray to COO is probably unneeded.

Mind if I update sparse?

Diane