onetbb_2021.4.0-1~exp1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Feb 3 16:22:29 GMT 2022

Hi Scott,

Am Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 03:00:08PM +0000 schrieb Scott Kitterman:

> Normally for a package already in Debian I wouldn't reject due to copyright/
> license documentation, but I am making an exception is this case.  I only
> started to look at this package by doing grep -ir copyright * over the source.
> I made redirected the output of that to a file and made a list of all the
> copyright notices that are not currently reflected in debian/copyright.  It
> has 806 lines.
>
> It looks clear to me that either the package has been completely reworked by
> upstream and the maintainer didn't check or it's been years (looks like five)
> since anyone looked at debian/copyright.
>
> Please fix and reupload.  This package needs a comprehensive review of
> copyright and licensing and the documentation of the results in debian/
> copyright per policy.

Thanks a lot for your review.  I think I've fixed d/copyright in Git[1].

@Mo: I had trouble with pristine-tar to extract the source tarball of
version 2021.4.0-1 which you uploaded.  Since there is a new upstream
version meanwhile I'm currently building 2021.5.0-1 with the intention
to upload it to experimental via NEW.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/tbb/-/blob/master/debian/copyright