Any plans to update tbb package to 2021

Potapov, Anton A anton.potapov at intel.com
Thu Jan 13 08:14:25 GMT 2022

Hi  Debian Science maintainers team!

I'm Anton, one of TBB developers.

As you might known there was a revamp<https://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/tbbrevamp.pdf> of the TBB library, which is now oneTBB.  Classical TBB (version up to 2020.3) is no longer updated/maintained as the code changed significantly during the revamp. Thus our team encourage TBB users  Migrating from TBB to oneTBB<https://oneapi-src.github.io/oneTBB/main/tbb_userguide/Migration_Guide.html>.

I see open ticket with a request to upgrade tbb package to the version 2021.03 (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=987689).  As it still open, my question is next - is there any plans, problems, or help with the update is needed ?

Feel free to contact me directly, or open tickets on github https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneTBB if any help is needed.

Anton

Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation