ann library and cctbx

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Tue Sep 6 17:05:22 BST 2022

Hello,

I am preparing the cctbx[1] package and I am facing this issue. cctbx embed the ann libbrary via this repository [2], but worst than that it also apply a transformation to its source code

https://github.com/cctbx/annlib_adaptbx/blob/master/source_generators/generate_all.py

this produce a new library with the ann old symbols + the new symbols.

In order to provide a full featured cctbx library, I would like to add this logic to the current ann library package [3]

So, I need to instrument the ann package to generate the extra sources files using the cctbx logic.

My question is should I build a libann-cctbx.so dedicated library in the ann package or should I add the the new symbols directly into the actual ann library  ?

then I should patch the cctbx buildsystem in order to use this version of the ann library.

thanks for your  help.

Frederic

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cctbx
[2] https://github.com/cctbx/annlib_adaptbx/