nfft package missing in testing

Étienne Mollier emollier at emlwks999.eu
Wed Feb 15 21:00:50 GMT 2023

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Vacek, on 2023-02-15:
> I noticed the upload of version 3.5.3-2 at the end of November but it
> never passed through new uploads to unstable. I'm wondering what
> prevents the package to get in?

Looking at the Package Tracking System[PTS], I see nfft is
affected by the serie of serious bugs which need to be fixed:
[#1016377], [#1016378] and [#1016379].

[PTS]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/nfft
[#1016377]: https://bugs.debian.org/1016377
[#1016378]: https://bugs.debian.org/1016378
[#1016379]: https://bugs.debian.org/1016379

> It would be nice to have it in testing (as well as the upcoming
> release) again. I was planning to use it in my scientific project.

It went out of testing and since the soft freeze on the 12th
this month it is too late to bring it back in time for bookworm.
I'm sorry I haven't better news.  :(

Wishing you a nice day in any case,
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier at emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da