Bug#1149728: netgen: autopkgtest needs update for new version of (open)mpi(ch)

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Sat Oct 3 15:29:05 BST 2026


Hi Francesco,

On 10/3/26 11:23, Francesco Ballarin wrote:
> I am not fully sure why this has been filed against src:netgen. To me, it seems
> that there is nothing we can do from here.


I think I've made a mistake somewhere as I recall seeing an other error 
than the one I included in my bug report. That issue is indeed tracked 
in bug 1147135.

Indeed, I was thinking of the message I saw in [1]:

290s autopkgtest [09:05:30]: test netgen-test-python:  - - - - - - - - - 
- stderr - - - - - - - - - -
290s 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
290s A deprecated MCA variable value was specified in the environment or
290s on the command line.  Deprecated MCA variables should be avoided;
290s they may disappear in future releases.
290s
290s   Deprecated variable: schizo_proxy
290s   New variable:        personality
290s 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
290s 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
290s A deprecated MCA variable value was specified in the environment or
290s on the command line.  Deprecated MCA variables should be avoided;
290s they may disappear in future releases.
290s
290s   Deprecated variable: rmaps_default_mapping_policy
290s   New variable:        mapby
290s 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] https://ci.debian.net/packages/n/netgen/testing/amd64/76309948/

> Finally, I can't seem to remember how the "Issues preventing migration" part is
> being automatically generated by britney, but it looks very odd in
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openmpi .
> For instance: dolfin, fenics-dolfinx and scifem are being tested with
> autopkgtest, but e.g. PETSc and mpi4py (which also rely on the MPI libraries,
> and which are runtime dependencies of each of the three packages mentioned above)
> are not being tested at all. This means if there was an issue in PETSc, it would
> only be discovered through e.g. dolfin, and one may not even realize at first
> glance that the issue is not in dolfin but in PETSc.


I didn't check the above, but we only test direct reverse (test) 
dependencies. Might that explain the situation? If they need to run when 
an indirect dependency gets updated, the autopkgtest spec [2] mentions 
the hint-testsuite-triggers restriction.

Paul

[2] 
https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/-/blob/master/doc/README.package-tests.rst?ref_type=heads

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 585 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-science-maintainers/attachments/20261003/3f3d5850/attachment.sig>


More information about the debian-science-maintainers mailing list