Bug#1149872: minlog: recommends emacs25 which is not in unstable

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Oct 3 21:39:03 BST 2026


Subject: minlog: recommends emacs25 which is not in unstable
Package: minlog
Version: 4.0.99.20100221-8
Usertags: package-relations package-relations-recommends
Severity: wishlist

Dear maintainer(s),

I noticed that package minlog recommends emacs25, which is currently not
available in unstable.

See:

- https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/emacs25

I see that it was deleted from unstable in 2019.

I guess (but I'm not an emacs package user) that replacing "emacs25" by
"emacs" in the recommends of minlog is the way to go.
Note that the current recommends is "emacs25 | emacs24 | emacsen".
Perhaps everything should be replaced by "emacs". Or perhaps the group
should be "{SOME_PACKAGE_PROVIDED_BY_emacsen} | emacsen"

"emacsen" seems to be provided by the following packages:
-emacs-gtk
-emacs-lucid
-emacs-nox
-emacs-pgtk
-xemacs21-mule
-emacs21-mule-canna-wnn
-xemacs21-nomule

Thank you for your time,

PS[0]: I am developing a tool to detect such issues:
https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/check-relations . Reports are
manually reviewed before submission. If you would prefer not to receive
such reports (for specific packages, all of your maintained packages,
etc.), please let me know. Any other feedback is welcomed as well. No
more bugreports for this missing relation will be sent.

PS[1]: more information available in
https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/check-relations/-/blob/main/README.md
and
https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/check-relations/-/blob/main/docs/bug-report-extra-info.md

-- 
Carles Pina i Estany
https://carles.pina.cat | carles at pina.cat | cpina at debian.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-science-maintainers/attachments/20261003/b165b52a/attachment-0001.sig>


More information about the debian-science-maintainers mailing list