Bug#1150019: RM: python3-brial -- RoM; obsolete

Maximiliano Curia maxy at debian.org
Mon Oct 5 13:12:19 BST 2026


Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: ftp.debian.org at packages.debian.org
Usertags: remove
X-Debbugs-Cc: debian-science-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org
Control: affects -1 + src:brial

Hi,

please remove the binary package python3-brial from unstable, on all
architectures where it is still present (amd64, arm64, i386, riscv64).

It is no longer built by src:brial as of 1.2.15-1, the relevant python
code is now shipped by python3-sage. It has no reverse dependencies or
reverse build-dependencies in unstable. It is not in testing.

For additional context: upstream dropped the sage-brial python module in
1.2.15: SageMath ships this python code itself
(sage.rings.polynomial.pbori), and the brial module was only a thin
wrapper that re-exported it. src:sagemath now only uses libbrial-dev and
libbrial-groebner-dev.

Happy hacking,
-- 
"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" -- Sun Tzu
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/



More information about the debian-science-maintainers mailing list