Bug#1148793: numcodecs: FTBFS against python 3.15rc2

Maximiliano Curia maxy at debian.org
Wed Sep 23 21:54:29 BST 2026


Package: src:numcodecs
Version: 0.17.0+ds-1
User: debian-python at lists.debian.org
Usertags: python3.15
Tags: patch, ftbfs, forky, sid
Severity: important

Hi!

While rebuilding the python related packages against the Python 3.15rc2
version we found that numcodecs fails to build from source [1].

The error is:
env PYTHONPATH=/build/reproducible-path/numcodecs-0.17.0+ds/.pybuild/cpython3_3.15_numcodecs/build /build/reproducible-path/numcodecs-0.17.0+ds/.pybuild/cpython3_3.14_numcodecs/build \
     http_proxy='http://127.0.0.1:9/' https_proxy='https://127.0.0.1:9/' \
python3 -m sphinx -N -E -T -b html . /build/reproducible-path/numcodecs-0.17.0+ds/.pybuild/docs/html/
env: ‘/build/reproducible-path/numcodecs-0.17.0+ds/.pybuild/cpython3_3.14_numcodecs/build’: Permission denied

The solution is to fix the pythonpath variable when generating docs, add
-i python3 to the pybuild invocation.

I've applied the fix in the sandbox [2] to verify that it builds
successfully, please consider applying the patch to support the upcoming
3.15 version.

Setting the severity to important for now. Once Python 3.15 is released,
it will be added to python3-defaults and this bug will become release
critical.

Happy hacking,

[1]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/artifact/4784352/
[2]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/

-- 
"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" -- Sun Tzu
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 0001-Deal-with-multiple-python-supported-versions.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 802 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-science-maintainers/attachments/20260923/0ab13612/attachment-0001.patch>


More information about the debian-science-maintainers mailing list