[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8 uninstallable due to libgivaro version issue

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Tue Aug 8 21:13:00 UTC 2017

Rann Bar-On:
> Hi folks,
>
> Minor issue: The libgivaro9 dependency is >= 4.0.2-8, which somehow
> doesn't include 4.0.2-8~sage1, so the sagemath 8.0-0~sage1 won't
> install on my system.

Hey, thanks for spotting that! It is correct that -8~sage1 sorts before -8, that is a special case in the Debian versioning system to support various things like backport versions, local rebuilds (like ours here) and so on.

What happened was that Julien's fix for the givaro RC bug was not done entirely correctly, we always need to add a ~ to the version given to dh_makeshlibs. This was mentioned in the bug report, but it's easy to overlook it:

I've fixed it in git here and will later do another rebuild:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/givaro.git/commit/?id=f1cff3e76bfc14b52e76e423535b82fb1dbfc856

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git