[Debian-science-sagemath] Sagemath 8.1 released

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Dec 28 17:04:00 UTC 2017

Julien Puydt:
> Hi,
>
> Le 08/12/2017 à 09:50, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
>> sagemath 8.1 was released yesterday. I switched to a new computer and got a segfault in src/sage/rings/number_field/number_field.py. Can someone reproduce this?
>>
>> Apart from that we still need to fix fplll.
>
> For fplll, Ximin is handling the issue better than myself.
>
> There is a new eclib since a few days ; I updated git, it's ready to upload.
>
> Shall I upload or is it better to wait?

I think it's better to wait since we already have a backlog of stuff to finalise (i.e. upload to unstable).

I worked around the fpylll failure, it builds now. https://github.com/fplll/fpylll/issues/112#issuecomment-353651099

Sage seems to still work OK, I get 27 failures on i386:

sage -t --long src/sage/cpython/debug.pyx  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/doctest/forker.py  # 3 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/ext/stdsage.pxi  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/geometry/polyhedron/backend_cdd.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/interfaces/sympy.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/libs/gap/util.pyx  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/libs/gap/assigned_names.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/libs/gap/all_documented_functions.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/misc/cython.py  # 3 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/misc/sagedoc.py  # 7 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/numerical/backends/glpk_backend.pyx  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/plot/arrow.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/plot/plot.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/rings/numbers_abc.py  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/tests/py3_syntax.py  # 1 doctest failed

So, IMO sage 8.1 is ready to upload to Debian unstable, after its dependencies are also uploaded.

After that we can transition NTL, and then upload the new eclib, and anything else.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git