[Debian-science-sagemath] Uploading Sage 7.6 to unstable?

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Thu May 4 18:18:48 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 07:08 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> On 04/05/17 20:18, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>
>> sage 8.0.beta4 was released and I think it's time to upload 7.6 to
>> unstable so that we can put updates for sage 8.0 into experimental.
>
>> I did a test build of sage 7.6 in experimental on Saturday and it still
>> built fine. Are there any comments/doubts regarding doing this before
>> the end of the freeze?
>> Otherwise I'll migrate the following packages from experimental to unstable:
>> eclib, pynac, singular, ecl, maxima-sage and sagemath
>
> I will migrate Singular to Sid by the en of the week end.

Hi,

let's coordinate this please. I have to do another test build of sage
7.6 because the last one was with Singular 4.1.0-p2 and now there is
4.1.0-p3 in experimental. Small version changes tend to be important
with Singular. Please do the migration when we agreed to do it on this
list. Sage will be broken in unstable in the time between the migrations
of Singular (and other mentioned packages) and Sage.