[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.6

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Fri May 19 20:45:00 UTC 2017

Ximin Luo:
>>  * ipywidgets 5.2.2 -> 6.0.0
>
> I've done this and pushed to git, it builds but I haven't manually tested the web widgets yet. (Unsure how, probably only possible after the notebook is itself updated.)
>
> The docs are missing, but on the plus side it means we don't have to package ajv or some of the other dependencies mentioned before. I'm embedding phosphor 0.7.0 for the time being (with cherry-picked commits to make it work with TS 2.1), since Gordon already packaged 1.0.0 and it's unclear if he has time to package the older version.
>
> AIUI here are the remaining things:
>
> Done in git, needs upload:
>
>>  * ipykernel 4.5.2 -> 4.6.0
>>  * ipython-genutils 0.1.0 -> 0.2.0
>>  * jupyter-client 4.4.0 -> 5.0.1
>>  * jupyter-core 4.2.1 -> 4.3.0
>>  * jupyter-console 5.0.0 -> 5.1.0
>>  * nbformat 4.2.0 -> 4.3.0
>>  * nbconvert 4.2.0 -> 5.1.1
>>  * traitlets 4.3.1 -> 4.3.2
>
> Remaining items:
>
>>  * ipython 5.1.0 -> 5.3.0
>>  * qtconsole 4.2.1 -> 4.3.0
>>  * prompt-toolkit 1.0.9 -> 1.0.14
>>
>> Complicated
>>
>>  * jupyter-notebook 4.2.3 -> 5.0.0
>>      + upgrade codemirror -> 5.22.2
>>      + upgrade underscore -> 1.8.3 (already in debian)
>>      + drop term.js
>>      + add xterm.js 2.3.2
>>      + add preact 7.2.0
>>      + add preact-compat 0.14.4
>>      + add proptypes 0.14.4
>>
>> Further dependencies:
>>
>>  * xterm.js -> @types/node, typescript 2.2.0, browserify

This is mostly done in git.

>>  * preact -> babel, webpack, rollup, typescript 2.2.2
>>  * preact-compat -> babel, webpack, rollup, typescript, preact
>>  * proptypes -> babel

It looks like only the shortcuts editor uses preact/proptypes, I've filed an issue asking about the feasibility of removing this from the Debian package, and avoiding the need to package this stuff entirely.

https://github.com/jupyter/notebook/issues/2508

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git