[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.6

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Mon May 22 19:28:00 UTC 2017

Ximin Luo:

>>> I've done this and pushed to git, it builds but I haven't manually tested the web widgets yet. (Unsure how, probably only possible after the notebook is itself updated.)
>>>
>>> The docs are missing, but on the plus side it means we don't have to package ajv or some of the other dependencies mentioned before. I'm embedding phosphor 0.7.0 for the time being (with cherry-picked commits to make it work with TS 2.1), since Gordon already packaged 1.0.0 and it's unclear if he has time to package the older version.
>>>

> I've tested this a little bit manually, against notebook 4.2, and it worked OK. I've uploaded it to experimental.
>
> I also noticed that Sage 8.0 is still on notebook 4.4 and not 5. So perhaps we can try sticking with notebook 4.2 for the time being. I'll bump the Build-Depends for ipywidgets to 6.0.0 and try un-reverting the "Port SageNB interacts to Jupyter" commit, and see if our Sage 7.6 still tests successfully.

Sage's tests relating to ipywidgets 6 fail, but succeed (with notebook 4.2) when I apply their patch:

https://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/tree/build/pkgs/ipywidgets/patches/widget_repr.patch?h=develop

This is already filed upstream:

https://github.com/jupyter-widgets/ipywidgets/pull/1031

Unfortunately it looks like upstream want behavioural changes, so I don't think it would be appropriate to simply apply Sage's patch to the Debian ipywidgets. I'll try to think of a work-around for us in the meantime.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git