[Debian-science-sagemath] Testing logic and output

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Sep 13 17:46:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

I noticed that sometimes it's not really clear to me why builds fail or
don't fail after doctesting. For someone else (who never looked at our
debian/rules) it must be even more confusing.

It would be cool if our debian/rules prints what it's doing and why, e.g.

x test failures out of y allowed - pass / fail
x test failures out of 0 allowed for documentation tests - pass / fail
There were critical failures (e.g. timeout, segfault, etc.) - fail
There were up to three timeouts - rerun tests without parallelization
x test failures out of z allowed during reruns - pass / fail

(Maybe we should also choose y and z to be the same number...)

Ximin could you give this a shot? Your makefile fu seems to be stronger.
Otherwise I'll try.