[Debian-science-sagemath] A question about SageMath on Debian and MathJax

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Tue Sep 19 19:08:00 UTC 2017

Samuel Lelièvre:
> Dear debian-science-sagemath,
>
> There is a question on sage-devel about SageMath
> on Debian and MathJax:
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sage-devel/sL_iYHfFB2M/discussion
>
> Could anyone on this list answer it?

Hi, (I think) the default is actually controlled by Jupyter Notebook and not SageMath. You can hack it locally by editing:

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/notebook/templates/notebook.html

I believe you just need to change, near the top:

{{mathjax_url}}?config=TeX-AMS_HTML-full
to:
{{mathjax_url}}?config=TeX-AMS_SVG-full

Afterwards, restart the notebook server. You might also need to clear your cookies / local storage if you've specifically overridden that setting for particular formulas.

I'm not sure the best way we could make this configurable across your whole campus, but perhaps it's best to open an issue and discuss it with the Jupyter Notebook people.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git