[Debian-science-sagemath] sagemath build getting stuck on armel buildds

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Feb 21 10:45:04 UTC 2018

On 02/21/2018 11:37 AM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 21/02/2018 à 11:25, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
>
>> the build of sagemath regularly gets stuck on armel buildds. It stays in building status for weeks, probably until someone stops it. The successful builds on armel took about 12 hours. Any idea how to find the cause of this? Should we try restricting armel builds to 2 threads? Or 1? Currently they seem to use four.
> Is there a log to know at which point it gets stuck?
>
> Snark on #debian-science

No, it seems the logs are not kept if it never finishes and is aborted manually (or whatever happens):
https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=sagemath&arch=armel

Oh, and sagemath is not the only package getting stuck on armel. Right now guile-2.0 and guile-2.2 are building for 77 and 53 days and I have seen this happen for other packages on https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=armel&suite=sid