[Debian-science-sagemath] linbox, pynac and arb (was Re: givaro/fflas-ffpack/linbox)

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Sun Mar 25 09:30:15 UTC 2018

On 03/24/2018 11:46 PM, Doug Torrance wrote:
> On 03/16/2018 05:21 AM, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads up!  I'll include the Sage patch when I package linbox.

>>> No problem -- thanks for the upload!
>>>
>>> Doug
>>
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> how's it going with linbox 1.5.2? Once we have that we can slowly start working on sage 8.2.
>>
>> (arb and pynac are already updated in git, cython and giac updates would be nice to have but sage 8.2 probably builds without them.)
>
> I've pushed the packaging for linbox 1.5.2 to git [1].  It includes the patch from Sage that Francois mentioned.
>
> Would someone be able to take a look and sponsor?
>
> Thanks!
> Doug
>

> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/linbox.git

Just uploaded, thank you!

For pynac and arb we have to decide which versions to use for now.

pynac: sage uses 0.7.16 and prepares an update directly to 0.7.18 (#24838) and we have 0.7.17 in git.
arb: sage uses 2.12 and the update to 2.13 (#24927) could take a while since it's blocked by several other tickets and we have 2.13 in git.

Is it ok if I just upload pynac 0.7.16 and arb 2.12 to experimental for now Julien? We could also use pynac 0.7.18 and apply the patch from the ticket. I wouldn't start using arb 2.13 just yet.