[Debian-science-sagemath] On fplll 5.2.1

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at laposte.net
Wed May 23 23:02:01 BST 2018

Hi,

Le 23/05/2018 à 08:18, Julien Puydt a écrit :

> I just packaged fplll 5.2.1 in the repository. There's a soname bump, so
> I'm not planning to upload it that soon. I'll first upload to
> experimental when I'll have checked the immediate rdeps, then prepare
> for a transition.

Ok, it's not a simple bugfix : it breaks fpylll (but not gap-float and
sollya -- and I only checked the direct reverse depends).

Since it's the same upstream, I propose :
- an upload of the current fpylll with a build-dep on = 5.2.0 (>= 5.2.0
is not good) ;
- when a fixed fpylll gets out, I upload the new fplll to experimental,
then we get that fixed fpylll in experimental too and check that the
other reverse depends are ok ;
- if all would go well, request a transition and proceed.

Does that look good?

Snark on #debian-science