[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8.4 and Debian buster

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Wed Oct 3 16:02:00 BST 2018

Tobias Hansen:
> On 10/01/2018 05:50 AM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

>>> Thanks!

>>> We have to figure out what to do with singular (upload 4.1.1p2 to experimental or fix the problem otherwise) and then upload pynac 0.7.22 with a dependency on the new singular version to experimental.
>>
>> Singular 4.1.1p3 is in experimental, I guess I can package 4.1.1p2: can we downgrade in experimental ?
>>
>> Jerome
>
> I don't know. If you want to avoid increasing the epoch you could just try and see if the upload gets rejected.

I think for experimental you will have to use something like 4.1.1p3+actually4.1.1p2, epochs are now discouraged by Policy for "downgrade" purposes, see:

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.html#version-4-1-5

I'm fairly sure you can upload to unstable a version X even if X < what's in experimental as long as it's > what's in unstable. I'm pretty sure I've done that before with rustc, e.g. uploaded 1.15.1-3 to unstable even though experimental had 1.16.1-1~exp1.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git