[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8.4 and Debian buster

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Oct 4 07:19:00 BST 2018

Tobias Hansen:
> On 10/04/2018 06:43 AM, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> Jerome BENOIT:

>>> May we upload Singular 4.1.1p2 to Sid ?
>>>
>> I think that is fine yes.
>
> No, it should conflict with sagemath 8.3. Why not experimental?

4.1.1p3 is already in experimental. In order to upload 4.1.1p2 to experimental, we would have to version it as 4.1.1p3+actually4.1.1p2 by Debian policy. (As opposed to bumping the epoch, which is now discouraged.)

What is wrong with uploading 4.1.1p2 directly to Debian unstable, and then uploading pynac again to force a rebuild? I don't think anything else depends on these.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git