[Debian-science-sagemath] Final touches

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Thu Feb 14 10:56:50 GMT 2019

Hi everyone,

Gordon updated jupyter-notebook today and also the fix for the deprecation warnings from matplotlib should be applied since yesterday. In the last sagemath upload I made threejs the default 3D viewer in jupyter-notebook and sagenb so it should work out of the box now. I also added a .desktop file for 'sage --notebook=jupyter' a while ago so it can be started from the menu.

It seems that everything is coming together. Another round of testing with the updated jupyter-notebook and matplotlib would be welcome.

Two known issues that would be nice to fix are the known issues with the documentation with the sphinx 1.8 patch:
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26451

and the broken user management in sagenb (#888822):
https://github.com/sagemath/sagenb/issues/432