[Debian-science-sagemath] [sage-devel] Upcoming Debian freeze

Jerome BENOIT calculus at rezozer.net
Mon Jan 7 16:35:33 GMT 2019

On 07/01/2019 19:33, E. Madison Bray wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 4:20 PM Jerome BENOIT <calculus at rezozer.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 07/01/2019 18:07, E. Madison Bray wrote:
>>> Sage 8.6 will also require an update of cysignals to 1.8.1.  Is that
>>> in the works?  How would I ago about updating that package?
>>
>> I will take care of the packaging of cygsignals 1.8.1 the next week-end.
>> Basically before the return of Tobias, so it should be fine.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> Note that the packaging of cygsygnals is tricky, so I would prefer to manage it.
>
> Out of curiosity, what's tricky about it?  I noticed that there's a
> python-cysignals-base, and python-cysignals-pari (the latter being the
> one required for Sage).  Does it have to do with that?  I wonder if
> there's anything that could make it easier (it really *shouldn't* be
> hard...)

What is tricky is the integration with the Debian machinery to build Python packages
and the fact that Cygsignals mix Python and autotools tools for setting up:
Python and autotools set up machineries are not friendly to each other,
and cython is not as flexible as C can be (regarding flags).

>> I will also try to package singular 4.1.1-p4 .
>>
>> Concerning GAP, is there any missing key GAP package that is not yet packaged by Debian ?
>
> Not to my knowledge, but I'm not an expert on GAP packages.

I guess that error messages may show ups.

Jerome