[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 8.6 in unstable, please test it!

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Jan 16 11:39:20 GMT 2019

Hi,

I uploaded sage 8.6 to Debian unstable yesterday and the new dependencies are all on their way to migrate to buster soon. Sage itself failed to build on arch:all due to this weird error I haven't looked into yet:

dh_strip_nondeterminism: debian/sagemath-doc-es/usr/share/doc/sagemath/html/es/a_tour_of_sage/_static/sageicon.png: debian/sagemath-doc-es/usr/share/doc/sagemath/html/es/a_tour_of_sage/_static/sageicon.png: does not appear to be a PNG at /usr/share/perl5/File/StripNondeterminism/handlers/png.pm line 83.

I'm considering to also upload ecl 16.1.3 to unstable after some more testing.

It would be nice if everyone could give the package a good test. We have just a few more days to upload updates without review from the release team and in particularly changes that don't fix RC bugs.