[Debian-science-sagemath] Buster todo list

François Bissey frp.bissey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:26:20 GMT 2019

You may be interested in the discussion I had with other people at
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26596#comment:21
and
https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/commit/1a5fefec74c222ee5d0673bb439c6d5a3b0c6e1e#commitcomment-30999803

My summary:
There is a subtle difference of behavior in xerblas as shipped by openblas (as a part of blas) and netlib's lapack function of the same name (shipped as part of lapack). If you ship an integrated openblas with lapack included you get the base blas function from openblas (that's the one vanilla sage sees). If you have a separate lapack based on netlib you get to load netlib's xerblas first. You may find that if you preload openblas first the problem may go away.