[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage in buster: sphinx 1.8 / 3D plotting

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Tue Jan 29 10:05:11 GMT 2019

Hi,

I wanted to give an update on the status of sage for buster.

sphinx 1.8.3 was uploaded to unstable this weekend so we need a patch for that... So far I just tried the patch from https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26451 either with or without the patch from #26949, which both didn't fix the docbuild. Haven't investigated enough to say more so far. Feel free to give it a try too.

It would also be nice if 3D plotting in the notebooks would default to using threejs. (We do not have jsmol so at the moment the default is an informative message hinting towards the option viewer='threejs'.) On the command line we have to keep using jmol because threejs breaks the docbuild and tests due to missing png output abilities. Does someone know how to achieve this?