[Debian-science-sagemath] sagemath and Python 3

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Fri Sep 6 12:23:32 BST 2019

On 9/4/19 8:55 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 04/09/2019 à 18:25, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
>
>> It seems that the only dependency that needs to be changed is pynac. It is currently linked to libpython2.7 and this causes a segfault in sage. It can be switched to Python 3 by changing the Build-Dependency to python3-dev and passing PYTHON=python3 to configure. However, that seems to require a soname change (especially because the current one was also used in buster), so what do we do, custom soname until the next time upstream bumps it?
> I choose to ask upstream: https://github.com/pynac/pynac/issues/346 !
>
> JP

I pushed the changes to the git repo. I could use some help figuring out the reasons for the ~126 failing doctests.

Another issue is that the build log is 25 MB big because the docbuild prints this message all over:

RemovedInSphinx20Warning: formatargspec() is now deprecated.  Please use sphinx.util.inspect.Signature instead.