[Debian-science-sagemath] RFS for several Sage-related packages

Doug Torrance dtorrance at piedmont.edu
Mon May 25 18:19:37 BST 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to report that due to some recent changes upstream (in
particular, the ability to build against the Debian gmp package
instead of relying on their own patched version of mpir), the next
release of Macaulay2 should be able to packaged for Debian.

I have a working draft of a Macaulay2 package based on their
development branch [1].  However, there are two dependencies that
should appear in Debian first:

* topcom [2,3] (also an optional dependency of Sage)
* mpsolve [4,5]

In addition, I've prepared new versions of the following packages:

* coinor-csdp [6] (previously orphaned)
* frobby [7] (fixes an FTBFS due to a doxygen bug)
* mathicgb [8] (fixes failing autopkgtest that was blocking migration
to testing)

I've requested sponsorship on the Sponsoring of Blends page, but
haven't gotten a response yet after a few weeks, so I figured I'd ask
on this list.  Would anyone be able to take a look at any of these 5
packages?

Thanks!
Doug

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/macaulay2 (not ready for upload yet!)