[Debian-science-sagemath] RFS for several Sage-related packages

Dima Pasechnik dimpase at gmail.com
Tue May 26 09:14:52 BST 2020

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:49 AM Doug Torrance <dtorrance at piedmont.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 4:59 PM Dima Pasechnik <dimpase at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 7:08 PM Doug Torrance <dtorrance at piedmont.edu> wrote:
> > > * coinor-csdp [6] (previously orphaned)
> > >
> > > [6] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/csdp
> >
> > We have an autotoolized port of csdp in Sage:
> > https://github.com/dimpase/csdp
> >
> > This might be more useful for your goals, too.
>
> Thanks for the link!  It looks out of date with respect to upstream,
> though.  The csdp package in Debian works quite well with Macaulay2 in
> its current state.  Is there anything in particular that would be
> useful to have for Sage in Debian that isn't available right now with
> the csdp package?

Looking at your package, it seems you are installing things in
/usr/local, which is
out of line with the usual Debian policy.

That's a bit offtopic, but does M2's csdp package work on macOS?
(Sage's csdp does)

Anyhow, bringing the few upstream changes into https://github.com/dimpase/csdp
should be easy, I just don't have time for it.
I tried to convince upstream to use the Sage's autotoolization, but
didn't get any response.
See https://github.com/coin-or/Csdp/issues/6