[Debian-science-sagemath] RFS for several Sage-related packages

Doug Torrance dtorrance at piedmont.edu
Wed May 27 12:47:57 BST 2020

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:37 PM Doug Torrance <dtorrance at piedmont.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:48 AM Dima Pasechnik <dimpase at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:36 PM Doug Torrance <dtorrance at piedmont.edu> wrote:
> > > Would having a dynamic csdp library in Debian be useful for Sage?
> >
> > yes, we are building a csdp backend for Sage SDP solver, and
> > technologically speaking it needs a dynamic library
> > to talk to (same would apply to building Python, and some other languages, extensions, in general).
>
> Sounds good!  I'll see what I can do.

That wasn't so bad!  For the most part, the Sage patches applied
cleanly to the newer upstream code, except for one header file which
was an easy fix.  I removed all the Sage-specific stuff and squashed
all the other commits into two patches: one moving the headers into
their own subdirectory and another with all the autotools stuff, with
some adjusting for Debian-specific stuff.

The latest draft of the package, which now builds a dynamic library, is at:
https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/csdp

I'm still looking for a sponsor for this and the other packages I
originally mentioned (mathicgb, frobby, mpsolve, and topcom).

Thanks!
Doug