[Debian-science-sagemath] Getting sagemath back into testing

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:06:17 GMT 2020

Le dimanche 01 novembre 2020 à 10:22 +0000, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
> And three of the patches in sagemath and many of the failing doctests
> are due to our ancient ipywidgets version...

I don't remember if I already answered to that point, but I
investigated the matter :

- ipywidgets has a python part and a javascript part ; the python part
looks ok, but for the javascript part, it looks like it wants
jupyterlab ;

- jupyterlab in turn depends on quite a few things ; some I have
already covered (jupyter-server and lumino), some I still haven't.

I just filed an ITP on jupyterlab-server (#974035). I'm not sure I'll
have everything ready and in testing for the freeze, but at least I'm
moving forward towards that goal.

Cheers,

JP