[Debian-science-sagemath] Getting sagemath back into testing

Dima Pasechnik dimpase at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:28:14 GMT 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 11:18 AM Dima Pasechnik <dimpase at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 11:06 AM Julien Puydt <julien.puydt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Le dimanche 01 novembre 2020 à 10:22 +0000, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
> > > And three of the patches in sagemath and many of the failing doctests
> > > are due to our ancient ipywidgets version...
> >
> > I don't remember if I already answered to that point, but I
> > investigated the matter :
> >
> > - ipywidgets has a python part and a javascript part ; the python part
> > looks ok, but for the javascript part, it looks like it wants
> > jupyterlab ;
>
> Sage 9.2 does not need jupyterlab, so I'm not sure why this would come up.
> https://github.com/jupyter/notebook/releases/tag/6.1.4
> does not depend on jupyterlab AFAIK
> (Sage is on 6.1.1, but it's a minor difference)

as far as ipywidgets are concerned, Sage ships the latest version,
7.5.1, and again, it does not need jupyterlab
Here are their deps:

$ cat build/pkgs/notebook/dependencies
$(PYTHON) | $(PYTHON_TOOLCHAIN) ipython jupyter_client ipykernel
nbconvert nbformat jinja2 tornado terminado send2trash
prometheus_client

$ cat build/pkgs/ipywidgets/dependencies
$(PYTHON) widgetsnbextension | $(PYTHON_TOOLCHAIN)