[Debian-science-sagemath] Getting sagemath back into testing

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Fri Oct 30 21:53:30 GMT 2020

Hi everyone,

the testing freeze for bullseye is getting closer (starting in January) and the sagemath package itself is in a better state than ever. We should try to get it back into testing.

The following issues have to be solved:

- giac needs to transition to testing. The problem are failing tests on ppc64el and s390x.

- sage FTBFS on arm64 due to a segfault in openblas: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=970558

- sage FTBFS on ppc64el and ppc64 due to a segfault in ECL: https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/-/issues/612

- cypari2 needs to be updated for pari 2.13: https://github.com/sagemath/cypari2/pull/99

After fixing these issues sage should be able to transition to testing.

sage also FTBFS on armhf and mips64el, there I don't even know why...

Any help is appreciated!