[Debian-science-sagemath] Debian Math Team

Torrance, Douglas dtorrance at piedmont.edu
Fri Oct 29 18:31:20 BST 2021

During the Debian Science BoF at this year's DebConf, there was some
discussion of creating a team devoted to packaging mathematical software.

This seemed like a pretty good idea, so I figured that I'd go ahead and
start working on getting it set up.  I've already created a Salsa group [1]
and a team on the Debian Package Tracker [2].  If you're interested in
joining, then you should be able to sign up at these links.

I figured next would be applying for a mailing list, putting together a team policy, etc.  Any thoughts?

Doug

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/math-team
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/teams/math/