[Debian-science-sagemath] Debian Math Team

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 15:15:28 GMT 2021

Hi,

Le vendredi 29 octobre 2021 à 17:31 +0000, Torrance, Douglas a écrit :
> During the Debian Science BoF at this year's DebConf, there was some
> discussion of creating a team devoted to packaging mathematical
> software.
>
> This seemed like a pretty good idea, so I figured that I'd go ahead
> and
> start working on getting it set up.  I've already created a Salsa
> group [1]
> and a team on the Debian Package Tracker [2].  If you're interested
> in
> joining, then you should be able to sign up at these links.
>
> I figured next would be applying for a mailing list, putting together
> a team policy, etc.  Any thoughts?
>
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/math-team
> [2] https://tracker.debian.org/teams/math/

Count me in on this team (on salsa & mailing-list).

But about moving things, my feelings are mixed. Indeed, this very week,
I joined the OCaml Team and packaged src:elpi there -- which is
mathematics software. But since it's written in OCaml, I feel it's
better to keep it in the language-specific team.

For all packages in the debian science team, I'm ok with them moving to
the new team. [I have no clue how to move them]

Perhaps the debian sagemath team should be merged in the math team?

Cheers,

J.Puydt