[Debian-science-sagemath] Fwd: missing default.json in fplll

Dima Pasechnik dimpase at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 22:52:40 GMT 2022

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:17 PM Julien Puydt <julien.puydt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le vendredi 04 février 2022 à 19:36 +0000, Dima Pasechnik a écrit :
> >
> > It appears that default.json is not installed anywhere, and this
> > looks like a bug.
>
> The libfplll7 package depends on the libfplll7-data package which ships
> default.json, so I think the problem is elsewhere.
>
> Can you tell more about the issue you're seeing?

I think it might be fpylll looking for default.json in the wrong directory

I build fpylll (as Sage 9.5 package) from source, using system-wide
libfpylll (from libfpylll-dev)

Then

sage: from fpylll import BKZ  #this shows that it does nor know the
right place for this json
sage: BKZ.DEFAULT_STRATEGY
b'default.json'

# this shows that it does nor know the right place for this json - it
should be full path to /usr/share/....

sage: sage: from sage.modules.free_module_integer import IntegerLattice
....:         sage: L =
IntegerLattice(sage.crypto.gen_lattice(type='modular', m=10, see
....: d=1337, dual=True)); L
Free module of degree 10 and rank 10 over Integer Ring
User basis matrix:
[-1  1  2 -2  0  1  0 -1  2  1]
[ 1  0  0 -1 -2  1 -2  3 -1  0]
[ 1  2  0  2 -1  1 -2  2  2  0]
[ 1  0 -1  0  2  3  0  0 -1 -2]
[ 1 -3  0  0  2  1 -2 -1  0  0]
[-3  0 -1  0 -1  2 -2  0  0  2]
[ 0  0  0  1  0  2 -3 -3 -2 -1]
[ 0 -1 -4 -1 -1  1  2 -1  0  1]
[ 1  1 -2  1  1  2  1  1 -2  3]
[ 2 -1  1  2 -3  2  2  1  0  1]
sage: L.shortest_vector()
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  Cannot open strategies file.
KeyError                                  Traceback (most recent call last)
~/work/sage/local/var/lib/sage/venv-python3.9/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sage/misc/cachefunc.pyx
in sage.misc.cachefunc.CachedMethodCaller.__call__
(build/cythonized/sage/misc/cachefunc.c:10347)()
   1942             try:
-> 1943                 return cache[k]
   1944             except TypeError:  # k is not hashable

KeyError: ((True, 'fplll'), ())