[Debian-science-sagemath] using Debian Singular in latest Sage beta ?

Torrance, Douglas dtorrance at piedmont.edu
Sat Feb 12 13:16:33 GMT 2022

On Sat 12 Feb 2022 06:38:02 AM EST, Jerome BENOIT <calculus at rezozer.net> wrote:
> Second, I actually put singular.info not in /usr/share/info but in /usr/share/doc/singular .
> This is because Debian policy requires info files to be compressed while on the other hand
> singular cannot read compressed info files.

Shouldn't it go in /usr/share/info so that "info" can find it?  Currently,
I get:

$ info singular
info: No menu item 'singular' in node '(dir)Top'

Compression can by avoided by overriding dh_compress.  Policy section 12.2 says
that info files "should" be compressed, but I think this might warrant an
exception to policy's recommendation.

Doug