[Debian-science-sagemath] status page: legend: Waiting in NEW: a more distinctive colour ?

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Fri Aug 19 18:08:00 UTC 2016

Jerome BENOIT:
> for the current status webpage, the colours for `Waiting in NEW' and `Up-to-date in experimental'
> are variant yellows that I found hard to distinct within the chart while they are a clear different
> meaning. So I thought about to adopt a more distinctive colour for NEW material:
> what about magenta/fuchsia ?

Hey, I picked the current colours to look like a "gradual transition" of more/less work remaining. And actually I thought NEW vs "in experimental" meant similar things in that regard. So I think fuchsia wouldn't fit into that scale.

I've increased the contrast on the colours, see if you like it. I'd also be ok with #f4ff99 or #eeff99 for "in-experimental", if you prefer. Or if you feel strongly about it, send in a patch for other colours (fuchsia is also ok), I'll just apply it as I don't want to spend too much time on this topic :p

Bear in mind also that (a) very few entries will be in NEW and (b) they will move fairly quickly to one of the other colours.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git