[Debian-science-sagemath] ipywidgets: java material

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at laposte.net
Mon Oct 3 13:37:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 03/10/2016 14:47, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> On 2016-10-03 14:43, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> IMO it's easier to motivate extra volunteers if they can see a nice
>> mostly-working sagemath Debian package
>
> And how is a non-functioning ipywidgets better than not having
> ipywidgets at all? I would say that not having ipywidgets is better,
> since you will at least get an explicit and clear error when you try to
> use ipywidgets.

I have to agree here : having something partially functional is ok,
having somethings where the packaging isn't quite right is ok -- in
experimental, of course! But having something just broken doesn't really
push things further.

In fact, those missing JavaScript pieces is the reason why I don't have
ITPed ipywidgets myself...

Snark on #debian-science