[Debian-science-sagemath] 84 failed tests

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Oct 6 19:12:00 UTC 2016

Tobias Hansen:
> Hi,
>
> I also gave it another go. I rebased the branch _wip_docbuild on top of
> master and pushed as _wip_docbuild2. It was the first time in quite a
> while for me that the docbuild neither segfaulted nor ran out of memory.
> I got 84 failed tests.

Great news! And good to know that someone else can also reproduce a similar number of successful/failed tests that I got. Unfortunately the docbuild (even with _wip_docbuild2) still runs out of memory for me. :( I only have 8GB RAM though. But I'm 99% certain there's a memory leak in there, which urgently needs fixing.

> sage -t --long src/sage/rings/polynomial/pbori.pyx  # Timed out (with
> hangup after interrupt)
> sage -t --long src/sage/rings/polynomial/multi_polynomial_sequence.py  #
> Killed due to segmentation fault
> sage -t --long src/sage/crypto/mq/sr.py  # 7 doctests failed

I think these are a good candidate for the next debugging session. They all involve brial/polybori segfaulting somehow. Not the most easy area for my knowledge, we'll see how it goes...

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git