[Debian-science-sagemath] Library transition freeze coming up on November 5

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Sat Oct 8 11:58:56 UTC 2016

On 10/07/2016 05:14 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Is it possible to prioritize the task to do (with some kind of scale) ?

Hi,

I created a list with the tasks that need to be done before 2016-11-05
(transition freeze) and 2017-01-05 (soft freeze). I realized that in the
end there will not be a large difference whether we go with Sage 7.3 or
7.4. I don't think singular 4 or pari 2.9 will be in Sage 7.4. On the
other hand, they could well be in sage-devel before our soft freeze, so
it will probably be feasible to backport the necessary commits to Sage
7.3 or 7.4.

I think it will be best to upload the newest version of fplll and
ipython to unstable soon and backport sage commits to make them work if
necessary.

The only question is if there are more library updates coming for Sage
7.4. I don't know if we can trust the status page. For example the trac
ticket for fplll 5 [1] was closed 5 days ago, but the change doesn't
show up on the sagemath git web interface (develop branch) so it's not
on the status page. I don't understand why. Shouldn't the change be
committed in develop when the ticket is closed?

[1] https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21221