[Debian-science-sagemath] Library transition freeze coming up on November 5: ipython

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Sat Oct 8 14:26:00 UTC 2016

On 10/08/2016 02:29 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> On 08/10/16 12:58, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>> I think it will be best to upload the newest version of fplll and
>> ipython to unstable soon and backport sage commits to make them work if
>> necessary.
>
> I have just built without issue ipython 5 in a unstable environment:
> do I miss something ?

I mean if we use ipython 5.1 and sage 7.3 (which normally has ipython
4.2.1), we might need to apply commits from a later sage version to make
these versions of sage and ipython work together properly (and make
doctests pass). That's what I mean with backport in the entire todo list.

> Quick question: concerning ipython: how can we get the list of missing
missing/blocking packages ?

I hope Julien can elaborate more on that. But in the end we have to go
through the list of reverse dependencies and reverse build dependencies
that I sent yesterday and check if they all work with ipython 5 and if
they need additional packages for that.